2 Things to Always Remember
There are 2 things to always remember in this world of “truth is what I think it is”.
Always Remember God’s truth.
Because of it, we never have to doubt. We can know what is right and what is not. This world is so confused. So many people don’t know where to turn. So many people think this life is simply misery. So many people think that there is no point to this existence. But we know two important things that we need to remember-
- There is unchanging truth, and therefore an answer to every question. It’s still hard to find answers sometimes, but when we really try, we will find them. We are here to learn.
- That unchanging truth that I described in number 1, is quite beautiful. To say the least. The truths we know- the gospel, the good news, hold the secret to healing this world and bringing us peace and constant hope.
Think about what an amazing message we have!! That we have good reason to have all the hope in the world!!
- That death is not permanent,
- that we can overcome Satan,
- that we can find healing,
- that a loving, merciful God is involved in our lives!
The common theory nowadays is that religion was simply invented by people to find comfort in this dark and dreary world, because what we believe just sounds too good to be true! How amazing then is the fact that it actually is true!!
It’s not just the vain imaginations of our minds. It’s not just wishful thinking. Jesus Christ really did come to the earth. He really did die for us, and he really did come back to life, and so will we!! He will come and build His kingdom. He will make all unjust things right again. As Peter said,
“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.” 2 Peter 1:16.
Probably enough exclamation points for now. But truly, it is simply so important to remember that. To remind ourselves of what we’ve been given.
And that’s why journals are also so important! But more important than just writing in them is to read them, and often!! Record every time you have seen the Hand of the Lord in your life.
How did He help you today? How did He help you through your trials?
We must always remember what amazing things He’s done for us through our journals, and what He has promised us, through God’s Word. As we do, we can always have hope with us. We can let Christ’s light shine through us.
Geoffrey Johnson https://findechristus.org/
Get your printable version of the Live LIGHT Gratitude Journal here